Welcome to TWIN BORO CHEERLEADING!
Twin Boro Cheer is open to Mendham and Chester students entering Grades 1 - 8 in Fall 2021.
Cheer is organized by grade level and runs from mid-August through early November.
Each squad has adult coaches who are Rutgers SAFETY certified.
We focus on inspiring camaraderie, developing teamwork, building confidence and creating friendship, but most importantly, having fun!
Registration will be opened in April & May for the 2021 Fall Season.
New Cheerleaders Welcome
- Twin Boro Cheer is always excited to add new, enthusiastic cheerleaders into our program.
- No previous cheerleading or tumbling experience necessary.
Cheer Gear Sale
- All cheerleaders are expected to purchase mandatory cheer gear through our online store, open from May 24 through June 4.
- The website will provide suggested manufacturing sizes for each garment and notes regarding whether it runs small, large, or true to size.
- Registration fee for new cheerleaders includes a game bow, cheer socks and a Twin Boro Cheer t-shirt. Returning cheerleaders will receive socks and a t-shirt.
- Uniforms (skirt, vest, jacket) are on loan from Twin Boro Cheer, distributed at camp and returned at the end of season. Refundable deposit required. Pom poms are on loan from TB Cheer for Grades 1& 2.
- Optional spirit wear (hoodies, tanks, shorts, etc.) will also be available for purchase during the online sale.
- Camp will be modified to meet current COVID-19 protocols and procedures, so the following details are subject to change.
- Cheer camp is from Monday, August 9 - Thursday, August 12 at a local school TBD.
Grades 1-2 – Camp runs from 9-12:30 each day.
Grades 3-8 – Camp runs from 9-2 on M, Tu, W and 9-12:30 on Th.
- Cheerleaders are taught the season’s halftime routine, sideline cheers, jumps and stunts. The camp is run by Mendham High School Competition Cheer Team and Twin Boro Cheer.
- Camp is mandatory for all cheerleaders.
- Mandatory practices are every Thursday from 4:30-6, from August 26 – November 4 at Mendham Borough Park. (Grades 1-2 may end earlier than 6.)
- There are additional practices on Tuesdays in September.
- Twin Boro Cheerleaders walk in the Mendham Labor Day parade (Monday, September 6).
- Cheerleaders must be present at the September 2 practice to participate.
- Cheerleaders cheer at Twin Boro football games on Friday nights or weekends in the fall.
- Home games are played in Mendham or Chester; away games are played in nearby towns.
- Game dates, times and locations are released at the end of August and are subject to change.
- Grades 1 & 2 Cheerleaders will cheer for Flag Football, which has a less competitive, intramural structure. These games will likely be in the same location and time each week in the fall. Subject to change.
- Consistent attendance at games is required.
- Cheerleading is a team sport that requires consistent participation from every member. A cheerleader's absence from a practice or game negatively affects the team's ability to practice safely and inhibits the team from being able to perform their cheers, stunts or routines in an optimal fashion.
- Excessive absences will place your child at a disadvantage in learning the routine, cheers or stunts and could limit of her involvement in the halftime routine.
- Twin Boro Cheer has excellent volunteer opportunities for parents to get involved.
- Committees include Fundraising, Spirit Wear, Uniforms, Picture Day, and Camp Prep.
- Available board positions include PR Co-Chair and Coaches for Grades 1, 5, & 6.
Cost of Registration
Grades 1-2 $115 Grades 3-8 $165
Cost of Camp
Grades 1-2 $85 Grades 3-8 $110
If season proceeds as usual, TB Cheer base program registration fee is refundable:
- Prior to August 1, 2021 – 100% refund less $25.00
- Prior to September 1, 2021 – 50% refund
- September 1, 2021 and after – 0% refund
Cheerleaders and their parents are asked read the Handbook found on the www.TwinBoroBears.org website under Cheer Documents.
Please contact Cheer President, Amy Golier at
with any questions.